Great to be working with Writers Victoria again. Although unable to visit Melbourne due to Covid, the course will still happen but will be online. One plus is you can be anywhere and join in!
Writing a Character Worth Reading About
How do you create a character that grabs the attention of agents, editors and the all-important book buyer? You will explore the concept that character is story and how to create a character that compels your reader to stay with them until the end of the book. You will look at using behaviour, dialogue, dreams, desires, psychology and relationship dynamics to reveal character, create authentic people and get your reader to emotionally invest in their fate.
Dates for this Course:
- Friday 23 October 2020, 6pm-8pm (AEDT)
- Saturday 24 October 2020, 6pm-8pm (AEDT)
Included in this course:
- 4 hours of information, education, industry insider advice, tricks and tips
- Writing exercises to help hone your craft and reinforce your new skills
- Interactive webinars with space for questions, clarifications, and skills extension
- Personalised feedback from Paul on up-to-500 words
You will learn:
• How to create complex characters
• How to create authentic characters
• How to use dialogue to reveal character and further the plot
• How to emotionally engage the reader
• How to get, and keep, the attention of agents, editors and readers
Schedule for the Workshop:
- Before the workshop, send 500 words to email@example.com for Paul’s attention
- Friday 23 October 2020, 6pm-8pm: First Webinar
- Saturday 24 October 2020, 6pm-8pm: Second Webinar
- Feedback from Paul returned to participants
About Paul McVeigh
Paul has written for radio, theatre and TV. His debut novel, The Good Son, won The Polari First Novel Prize and The McCrea Literary Award and was shortlisted for many others including The Authors’ Club Best First Novel Award and the Prix du Roman Cezam, in France. He judges international literary prizes and his work has been translated into seven languages. He teaches around the world in Australia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Indonesia, Malaysia, Spain and Singapore.
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus six free copies of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.Cancellation PolicyVenue:
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)Event Fee(s)