Free Tickets to Greenwich Book Festival
Are we finally entering the long overdue golden age of short fiction? Readings and a Q&A discussion about the resurgence in popularity of the short story and the challenges of the form with Joanna Walsh (Vertigo) and Carys Davies (2015 winner of the Frank O’Connor Short Story Prize for The Redemption of Galen Pike). Chaired by Paul McVeigh, author of The Good Son, co-founder of the London short story festival and associate director of The Word Factory.
Event followed by a book signing.
Suitable for age 16+
The other events I have tickets for…
– 10.30-11.30am, Cast Away/Breach: Europe’s refugee crisis, with Charlotte McDonald-Gibson, Olumide Popoola and Annie Holmes National Maritime Museum
– 14.30-15.30 Silver age of the Small Presses with And Other Stories, Galley Beggar and Salt
– 1530-16.30 Inside the Mind of an Outsider with Alex Pheby, Anakana Schoefield and Andrew Hankinson
– 16.30-17.30 The Rise and Rise of the Short Story with Joanna Walsh, Carys Davies and Paul McVeigh
– 18.00-19.00 Why we need more diverse stories with Alex Wheatle, Yvvette Edwards, Catherine Johnson and Irenosen Okojie
– 18.00-19.00 Kate Summerscale: The Wicked Boy
– 19.00-20.00 Reality Skewed with Paul Ewen and Adam Biles
– 20.00-21.00 Brix Smith Start
– 21.00-22.00ish… The Galley Beggar vs Influx with Adam Biles, Preti Taneja, Paul Stanbridge, Juliet Jacques, Courttia Newland and Irenosen Okojie